FACE AIDS Ride Against AIDS 2010 Blog

SPOT System: Follow Us Live!

Map of 2010 Route

Map of 2010 Route
You can view the day-to-day schedule, terrain, mileage, and checkpoints by clicking on the map!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 62: NYC

The cold I've been trying to fight off unfortunately finally settled in, so I spent a good chunk of the morning just relaxing. My options for the day really only consisted of entire day endeavors, such as the Statue of Liberty so I decided I'd just hang around and wander after I recouped a bit. Good thing I didn't attempt the Statue of Liberty trip, Zane went and quickly realized it was not going to happen considering the line was 6 hours long. Yikes.

When I finally did get out of the apartment I wandered around town and through Central Park a bit more with Magnolia Bakery as my destination. There have to literally be about a million nail salons and Dunkin Donuts-Baskin Robins combos. And I love that there were fruit stands on almost every corner.

I ran into this store with my life motto across the entire store front: Workout to Eat...

I tested out some New York style pizza as well, which was really good. I did finally make it to the bakery and then headed to meet the group for dinner. As I was walking back through Central Park I even got invited to join some guys as their date to a wedding. Haha, very funny. Dinner was obviously more important though, so I trekked on to our Italian restaurant to join both Claire and Jason's families and the rest of the group. After dinner I walked back on 5th Ave and enjoyed the never ending street of stores.

Unfortunately I never made it to Hoboken, NJ to Carlos' Bakery (Cake Boss), but I hear from Wally who tried to order me a cake that they've become a bit too famous and busy to deal with our small orders. Oh well, we'll have to save that trip for another time and a bigger occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers