FACE AIDS Ride Against AIDS 2010 Blog

SPOT System: Follow Us Live!

Map of 2010 Route

Map of 2010 Route
You can view the day-to-day schedule, terrain, mileage, and checkpoints by clicking on the map!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 48: Goodbye Ohio, Hello Pennsylvania

On to another state. I ended up switching driving days, since my bike is out of commission, it'll work out in the long run. The day was sure to bring some obstacles, with over 50 steps and turns to get to Pittsburgh. Somehow, the group figured it out as usual, and we all ended up in Pittsburgh in one piece. The scenery is changing again, and I don't think anyone is complaining about leaving cornfields behind for awhile. There are tons of trees and the hills have appeared again.

I was able to get my tire fixed at a Trek shop in town - very lucky and legit. They were pretty shocked at the slash, so I'm glad I was able to get that fixed and know I wasn't overreacting. We did get to see some of the city as we drove around and I navigated through town. We have seen so many baseball stadiums and college campuses along the way. I think we've seen 4 or 5 baseball stadiums and countless campuses. I said I should have gone on this trip in high school when I was looking at schools for college!

We have some amazing hosts in PA, putting us up for 2 nights since we have yet another rest day. The hospitality is awesome and the conversation is great, as well as the entertainment of the family's 2 and 1/2 year old. We had an awesome dinner out on the patio and unbelievable dessert from a family friend who happens to be one of Pittsburgh's best rated pastry chefs. We were delighted to sample cupcakes and other treats from her shop, Vanilla. Definitely called it an early night, I don't know why I was so tired today...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers