FACE AIDS Ride Against AIDS 2010 Blog

SPOT System: Follow Us Live!

Map of 2010 Route

Map of 2010 Route
You can view the day-to-day schedule, terrain, mileage, and checkpoints by clicking on the map!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 47: Back Tire Blowout

The day started off pretty well, amazing scenery, some rolling hills, and pretty cool weather. That all went downhill around mile 50 (of 65) when my back tire blew out. I have no idea what made that slash, I didn't even see anything that I accidentally ran over. Maybe just a final bump that broke the camel's back after all of the wear and tear.
So Claire picked us up, I am done riding til we can get that fixed, if I just replaced the tube, it would surely pop again. We got dropped off in downtown Youngstown at the Italian festival, where we met Shane, Sanford, Jason, and Zane for an interview with a local reporter and posed for some snapshots. The guys enjoyed the plethora of food options and gorged on some BBQ sandwiches and lemon shake-ups.

Then we all headed to the street corner to wait for Claire to retrieve us and bring us to our hotel for the night. I think over 1/2 of us ended up falling asleep. I didn't think I'd ever be that exhausted, that I would fall asleep on the sidewalk. That must have been a sight to see. I think I even got woken up by Shane's snoring.

Anyways, we got to our destination, I went for a run - getting back in the swing of that, and then chilled out for the night, watching JFK. I called a bike shop while we were hanging around the festival too, and they'll repair it at 10am tomorrow. So Zane switched driving days with me so I'll be able to take care of that and then catch up with them. Another day in the car...not fun, but really the only option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers