FACE AIDS Ride Against AIDS 2010 Blog

SPOT System: Follow Us Live!

Map of 2010 Route

Map of 2010 Route
You can view the day-to-day schedule, terrain, mileage, and checkpoints by clicking on the map!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 46: Driving Day #5

So the cleaning lady ended up finding the keys...behind the toaster. Hum, someone either didn't want us to leave Toledo or didn't want to leave Toledo themselves...just kidding, but seriously. Anyways, the group opted to just combine the two riding days into one, riding from Toledo to Cleveland today.

Unfortunately, that meant my driving day essentially turned into two driving days and I was in the car alllllllll day. But on the bright side, I did get to finish my book, The Accidental Billionaires, in between the checkpoints. We did still get to make a stop in Sandusky, so I was happy just passing though the town of TOMMY BOY.

We regrouped in Sandusky, the halfway point. Jason jumped in the van with me due to some bum knees, Mike and Claire trekked on, and the others opted for an afternoon at Cedar Point. We drove to our destination for the night, a Jesuit Retreat House. The property was amazing and the forests were beautiful. While I was reading in the van, 2 fawn pranced around about a foot away from me!

We talked with the groundskeeper, John, for awhile while we waited for Mike and Claire to finish the mileage, ending up around 110. When they arrived they quickly got ready for the Indians vs. Yankees game, in hopes they would catch A-Rod's 600th homerun.

So I shuttled everyone around, dropped them off, picked the others up, and then picked them up after the game again. Unfortunately A-Rod did not hit a homer and I was still stuck in the van. After a ridiculously long day of driving I crashed as soon as we got back to the retreat house, knowing another long day was ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers