FACE AIDS Ride Against AIDS 2010 Blog

SPOT System: Follow Us Live!

Map of 2010 Route

Map of 2010 Route
You can view the day-to-day schedule, terrain, mileage, and checkpoints by clicking on the map!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 42: Goodbye Indiana, Hello Michigan, Goodbye Michigan, Hello OHIO

We were in 3 states today, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio. Craziness. So I suppose Ohio is our 10th state (11th if you count our detour to South Dakota)! I actually saw a live turtle and frog today, not just ones stuck to the road. So that was refreshing. Overall it was a nice ride today scenery wise and weather wise. Passed through some interesting areas, including a golf cart friendly community and a bunch of Amish neighborhoods. There were horse and buggies and everything. They all waved which was nice, lots of nice, friendly faces waving as you pass by. Of course I waved back.

We also passed some really cool barns and farms. At our stop for lunch the decision was made somehow that we would go to Toledo, even though we decided it was a no-go last night. Personally I thought it was too late to make that call at 3:30 pm with over 85 miles to go, but we kept trucking. I kinda figured I wouldn't make it before dark keeping the pace I was at and still taking a few pictures, so I fell just shy of the total mileage, clocking in 125. It was a loooooong day, but it is nice being at a house, especially since it's Shane's house, and I can appreciate how nice it is to be home.

On another note, I finally got another picture of a state sign. They've been MIA the past few states and I've missed getting their pictures!!! That's one of the best parts!
So now we'll have 2 rest days in Toledo, relaxing with another rider's family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers