FACE AIDS Ride Against AIDS 2010 Blog

SPOT System: Follow Us Live!

Map of 2010 Route

Map of 2010 Route
You can view the day-to-day schedule, terrain, mileage, and checkpoints by clicking on the map!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 32: Goodbye Nebraska, Hello Iowa

Today was "cold" compared to yesterday, but that's not saying much. It was still in the upper 80's, but was actually enjoyable. We also crossed into Iowa this morning, entering our 6th state. I never knew Iowa had so many hills though, today was like a rollercoaster. But at least we got to go downhill after each uphill. I started playing a game to see how far my momentum and speed from the downhill could get me up the next hill just from shifting gears and playing around with my position on the bike. Kept me entertained for the 65 mile ride.

The colors of the fields is much better to look at in Iowa than it had been the past few days in Nebraska. It's pretty weird being in a state I'm somewhat familiar with though. Up until this point, every time we were in a different state it was new, my first visit to that state.

We ended up staying in Atlantic, Iowa just a few miles from Anita. Atlantic's claim to fame is that Atlantic is the Coca-Cola Capital of Iowa, with a bottling factory in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers