FACE AIDS Ride Against AIDS 2010 Blog

SPOT System: Follow Us Live!

Map of 2010 Route

Map of 2010 Route
You can view the day-to-day schedule, terrain, mileage, and checkpoints by clicking on the map!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 28: Back on the Bike

So happy to be back on the bike today. It was a great 65 mile day, flat as can be. We've been following Route 30 the past few days and the next few to come. It's nice to be on one road, not having to worry about directions really or getting lost.

Today had some quite interesting sites, even though we were still pretty much in the middle of nowhere. There were some ranches, an exotic pet stop which definitely had a zebra, and lots of historical markers.

I also had a deer running along side of me and then bound across the street about 5 feet in front of me. Pretty cool with it's big, bushy, white tail. After all, I did see a deer sign....but it seemed to warn to watch out for Rudolph.

We also passed a lot of just neat, old stuff, like these old gas pumps. Things like this always interest me. I'm just into stuff like that. Antique and unique.

Then come, Ozen, about 15 miles outside of Lexington, NE (our destination for the day) was the 100th meridian.

Finally another exciting day despite the "flat, boring" route. I enjoyed taking my time again today and soaking up what I was passing. Things like the deer sign with a huge red reflector as a nose make the trip go on and make me laugh. How can you not? I think those kinds of things are priceless and this trip makes those types of things very accessible. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers