FACE AIDS Ride Against AIDS 2010 Blog

SPOT System: Follow Us Live!

Map of 2010 Route

Map of 2010 Route
You can view the day-to-day schedule, terrain, mileage, and checkpoints by clicking on the map!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 51: Goodbye Maryland, Hello West Virginia, Goodbye West Virginia, Hello Virginia

Today was a rough 65 miles. WOW. I was not expecting the obstacles we encountered today. Either the Appalachians are the most intense of the mountain ranges we've done or we've gotten used to the rolling hills and flat plains. HOLY COW. I can't even explain today. I guess it's been awhile since our last hard day.

Hence the days difficulty, it didn't bring much excitement. However, I did snap a few important pictures. First, a Morgan County sign. Morgan is one of my best friends and for some reason every time I travel I always find Morgan streets, signs, restaurants, and so on. So of course the most logical thing is to take pictures of them for her.

We were also in 3 states again today: Maryland, West Virginia, and Virginia! There was a ton of historical sites along today's route as well. A ton of these white signs documented a bunch of things from the Civil War Era. They were pretty cool to see as I biked past and got to check them all out.

The only positive to switching to the insane roads is we basically took a short cut and made the trip to DC a bit shorter, putting us there tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers