FACE AIDS Ride Against AIDS 2010 Blog

SPOT System: Follow Us Live!

Map of 2010 Route

Map of 2010 Route
You can view the day-to-day schedule, terrain, mileage, and checkpoints by clicking on the map!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 38: Home Sweet Home

SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD TO BE HOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if I've ever biked faster than today. I was so excited. We were going through Yorkville, Oswego, I know these places! The ride was a good one, up 6 to 71 to 25. My dad, the birthday man, met up with me for the last leg into town. We cruised around on the prairie path back to our house clocking in 65 more miles.

I had a surprise visitor waiting as well, my grandma! And lots more visitors throughout the night. Some of my best friends, Morgan, Frank, and Garrett came over for some BBQ and bonfire fun, as well as one of my roommates Jenny! We also had some other family over as well. A huge thanks to my parents, brothers, friends, and family for all their support and help!

We took Mike's bike to the shop for a new chain, and I gave him a little tour of Batavia. The rest of the group was occupied for about 4 hours trying to pick up Zane, who for some reason decided to bike to/ended up at the Sears Tower (Willis Tower). So that was interesting.

After dinner, most of the bunch headed to the famous Chicago Premium Outlet mall, while the rest of us enjoyed a magic show courtesy of Mike. If I've never mentioned it before, Mike is a legitimate magician. No joke. He pretty much blew everyone's minds and had everyone laughing for quite some time.

It was an amazing night and we have lots more to come with our rest days in Chicago. Sightseeing tomorrow and maybe some Chicago Deep Dish Pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers